Sunday, June 20, 2010

Heaven's Nook



There’s a place in my parent’s old house
Where I used to hide away
When we played a game of “Hide and Seek”
At the ending of the day
I knew I would always still be found
Though I hid far out of sight
But I’m thinking of another nook
For waiting in tonight

For another boy loved “Hide and Seek”
And would make his brothers look
For their brother in that hiding place
In a simple closet nook
But they knew that they could find him
If they looked into that place
And a silly grin would light his eyes
As they saw his little face

I know somewhere up in heaven
There must be a little nook
Where a little fellow’s hunkered down
Like he used to with a book
He’s just waiting for his family
To come to heaven’s place
And see the twinkle in his eyes
As we gaze upon his face

For I’m sure that even in a nook
In heaven’s golden place
Jesus causes face there to shine
With God’s amazing Grace
So after my dear Father
Reads my name upon His book
I will look for someone special
In His blessed little nook.

I think I know just where
That little nook will be
And I think that I will see
Where there’s a special one for me.
For when we get there so close to God
And we’re sheltered in His place
In our tiny nook we’ll sit and look
At our blessed Savior’s face.

David Brunner

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home